Saturday, November 30, 2013

Education in Wonderland

A quote from Alice in Wonderland

“Alice: Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?

The Cheshire Cat: That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.

Alice: I don't much care where.

The Cheshire Cat: Then it doesn't much matter which way you go.

Alice: ...So long as I get somewhere.

The Cheshire Cat: Oh, you're sure to do that, if only you walk long enough.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

How it would read in Education in Wonderland

“School Teacher: Would you tell me, please, which way I should teach here?

The Cheshire School: That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.

School Teacher: I don't much care where.

The Cheshire School: Then it doesn't much matter which way you Teach.

School Teacher: ...So long as I get somewhere.

The Cheshire school: Oh, you're sure to do that, if only you teach long enough and hard enough.”

But will you really get your students were they need to go! If you want to get them to achieve mastery of subject, then you need to have a plan where you are going to get there. Teach with purpose to get there.

No comments: